Sunday, January 18, 2009

sneak peek & goodbye.


this is just a sneak peek of the first quilt i've completely finished for my new collection, "Homebodies" (which previously had a tentative different name). i have four more quilt tops awaiting topstitching and binding, one more sitting beside the machine to get pieced together, and four more little bundles of fabric dying to be cut. so, i have my work cut out for me. my goal is to have the collection up on etsy by the end of february, thus making it my winter/spring '09 collection. i am really excited to get through this pile of work, and i believe it really is my best yet! all will include interesting top stitching (this quilt pictured has zig zag stitching), as well as hand sewn binding.

totally unrelated, i said goodbye to a dear old friend of almost ten years last week. it was bittersweet, and slightly ridiculous ;) i will miss him.

No comments: